Dec. 1, 2019 – reflections

Our final working prototype (as far as the unrvl course) is complete! We came in over break to knock out the final steps. This time around we used a standard clothing iron to completely test our idea around making the concept as accessible as possible. Lo and behold, it worked! We found that by laying down a thin barrier, in this case a piece of muslin, between the iron and the tarp you can successfully heat up and fuse the seams together. This time around we decided to add a foldable collar to help provide maximum coverage of the neck and torso. Using recycled items like a two-liter bottle, plastic Tupperware container and repurposed bungee straps, we made a successful gas mask! Proud that we were able to bring this idea to this point. I’m excited to share the final presentation and continue working on the concept even after this course is over. Once again, grateful for Xi and our collaboration this semester!

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s